Steelsands Credit Union (trading as NZCU Steelsands, NZCU Marsden Point and NZCU Wilson & Horton), was established in August 1978 and is a 100% New Zealand owned financial cooperative.
- Our ultimate responsibility is to our customers.
- Our funds are sourced from the community we serve and;
- our lending supports former and current employees and their families who have worked for New Zealand Steel Limited or any of its associated companies.
We are a mutual organisation offering a large range of services especially identified by our customers to meet their financial needs. This means we can respond to your needs promptly and with understanding. All profits (after providing for necessary Reserves and operating costs) are returned to our customers through top interest rates on savings and low cost loans.
For so many people who work for New Zealand Steel, Refining NZ or Wilson & Horton, we are now their one-stop-financial-shop.
We provide our customers with:
- savings and investment accounts
- everyday/current accounts
- insurance services.
We make it easy for you to check your accounts through:
- convenient branch locations nationwide
- 24 hour telephone and internet banking,
- a nationwide ATM/EFTPOS facility.
At NZCU Steelsands you will receive personalised service second to none because you are not just a number. As part-owner of your Credit Union you are treated with dignity and respect and have an equal say in how your Credit Union is run. Each customer can vote at Annual General Meetings as well as stand for a position on the Board of Directors.